This month I only managed to watch 15 films, and only about half of them are worth mentioning. So, I’ll just list those and do the usual shenanigans.
By the way, this month I published my long-in-the-works look back at the films of 2014, so if you haven’t read it, please do so.
- The Rose (Mark Rydell, 1979)
- Blackhat (Michael Mann, 2015)
- Clouds of Sils Maria (Olivier Assayas, 2015)
- Cheatin’ (Bill Plympton, 2014)
- Sullivan’s Travels (Preston Sturgess, 1941)
- Ex Machina (Alex Garland, 2015)
- Valerie and Her Week of Wonders (Jaromil Jireš, 1970)
- The Birds (Alfred Hitchcock, 1963)
Best Rewatch: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
The Worst: Jupiter Ascending
Best Director: Mark Rydell, The Rose | Michael Mann, Blackhat
Best Actor: Richard Burton, Becket
Best Actress: Bette Midler, The Rose | Juliette Binoche, Clouds of Sils Maria
Best Supporting Actor: Frederic Forrest, The Rose | Oscar Isaac, Ex Machina
Best Supporting Actress: Kristen Stewart, Clouds of Sils Maria
Best Screenplay: Clouds of Sils Maria
Best Cinematography: The Rose | Blackhat | Ex Machina
Best Costume Design: The Rose| Blackhat | Jupiter Ascending
Best Production Design: Valerie and Her Week of Wonders | Blackhat
Best Music: The Rose | Cheatin’
Head on over to Letterboxd to see my complete rankings for the month.