Once again, because of school I wasn’t able to watch many films and only ended up watching ten. However, I did watch a lot of television, and because of that, this time I will also mix up whatever television I watched since that took most of my viewing time.
So, I decided that this month was mostly going to be dedicated to horror. I started on the right track with a viewing of Dracula. However, that same day I started the show which takes the number three spot on this month’s list, and when I was done with it I decided that I had had enough horror for a while. I did make an exception though, for the film which occupies the number four spot.
After that I mostly went back to my regular viewing habits which brought me two screenings of my favorite film of the year so far, the latest events in the saga of Don Draper, and the most surprisingly good film of the year.
So, with that, here are my top five films/television for this month of October:
1. “Mad Men” Season Five (Matthew Weiner, 2012)
2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky, 2012) [the review is still coming, I just haven’t had enough time to sit down and write it properly]
3. “Teen Wolf” Seasons one & two (Jeff Davis, 2011-2012)
4. Little Shop of Horrors (Frank Oz, 1986)
5. “Revenge” Season One, episodes 1-13 (Mike Kelley, 2011-2012)
Worth mentioning: Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (Lorene Scafaria, 2012), Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted (Eric Darnell/ Tom McGrath/ Conrad Vernon, 2012)
Best Re-Watch: E.T. The Extraterrestrial (Steven Spielberg, 1982)
The Worst (or least-favorite, rather): Dracula (Tod Browning, 1931)